Friday, June 3, 2011

The end of a school year.

I never thought I would get to say that I was done with my first year of teaching, but it happened. It feels so good to never have to tell people I am a first year teacher. This year was so great and I learned a lot but a lot was trial and error. I feel like I am going into my second year with so much more confidence. As I was walking down the hall after all the kids had gone home for the year I couldn't help but tear up. I was relieved, sad, happy, anxious and I think all the emotions hit me at once. I am so glad I work at the school I do and with the people I do. I couldn't have asked for a better career and I am so glad I made the decision to be a teacher. I will never forget my first kids and all of the things they taught me. I was so sad to see them go but I am so excited to start next year with fresh little faces. It makes me excited just thinking about it.

No comments: