Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A special place for Ellie Grace.

Many people have asked me to post pictures of her nursery so here they are. For the most part everything is done I just have a few more things to do.

When it takes you awhile to get pregnant you have a lot of time to think about what the nursery will look like when it does finally happen. I honestly only had a girl room thought up so when we found out it was a girl I got right to work. I love the way dark purple and gray look together so that is what I went with and it turned out better than I could have ever imagined. Yes this room is all of what I want right now because I am sure her room will become her own later.

My favorite part about the whole room is that everything made with fabric is hand made by either me or someone else close to me. When I was looking for bedding I was not willing to spend hundreds of dollars and I wanted someting very modern, simple and something I could use for either gender. I made all of her bedding (bumpers and crib skirt) for under 50 dollars. Enjoy.

(sorry about the pictures. First of all my camera sucks as stated in the post below and second the room is tiny so capturing a good angle is almost impossible.)
I am in love with this rug. Thank you Ikea for having inexpensive rugs.
Notice I need to paint the last two knobs but we got this dresser for free because it was dropped off a truck. Also we recovered the cushions on the glider.
Close up of the fabric on the bumpers.
That pink pillow is one that A.E. made forever ago. It some how manages to always make it's way into her crib. He is cute. And isn't that elephant pillow to die for?! My mom's friend made that for her. I am still in the process of making her quilt but I will post a seperate picture when that is done.

One of my favorite details about the room. The white dress is her blessing dress that I got
for $16.00 dollars....Love it!
I still need to add books and a stereo to this shelf but notice the elephant lamp. Also notice how close the door is to the shelf and the crib. I am telling you this room is TINY.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutest room ever! I want one just like it :) Little EG is going to love it.

Miss Bear said...

Love it! Handmade stuff is fabulous, maybe you can make me some when I have another baby. :)
I also love the little butterfly mobile!

NOW you just need a cute baby to make it complete!! :)

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I love it, Cass! It's adorably sophisticated and whimsical at the same time. I can't believe you made that bedding--it's gorgeous! And I LOVE that mobile. The whole room is so cute!