Saturday, March 26, 2011

Q & A.

I am well aware that this blog is turning into a pregnancy blog and frankly I don't care. That is what consumes my mind 90% of the time so I want to write about it. Anyway. I have been asked six questions by more than one person so I figure I would write them on here in case anyone else was wondering as well.

Q: Do you want a boy or a girl?

A: We want a healthy baby. We really would be happy with either. I however have felt very strongly that it is a girl. I haven't had any dreams or anything just a really strong feeling and I keep invisioning a girl room. AE would be happy with either but he keeps saying he wants a boy first to protect our girls so I think deep down he wants it to be a boy. I think girls scare him a tiny bit because he grew up in a boy family. Him being a dad to a bunch of girls would be so awesome though.

Q: How much weight have you gained?

A: Not a pound. Infact last time I went to the doctor I had lost three pounds from my starting weight. People are starting to tell me my face looks thinner. I don't understand how someone like me that can count on one hand how many times they have thrown up has not gained a pound, where as someone who throws up three times a day gains five in their first trimester. I actually hate that I haven't gained anything and I ask my doctor about it every single time. He just tells me to be thankful and that apparently pregnancy agrees with me. He says that he is not worried because baby is growing like normal. I guess I should be thankful because then it won't be as hard to lose. I am just hoping I don't gain 40 pounds in my third trimester. I guess one other thing I hate is when people look at me like I am not eating because I haven't gained anything. Trust me I eat all the time and big meals too so please stop giving me that nasty look.

Q: Have you felt baby move yet?

A: Once when I was 14 weeks but not since than. I have now almost 17 weeks. I really want to feel it move and every now and then I worry something is wrong because I haven't felt it again. I did however find out at my last ultra sound that baby was situated so perfectly that when it kicks or punches (which it does A LOT on our ulra sounds), I wouldn't be able to feel it because it's kicking at my spine. I hope I feel it soon so it can put some of my worry aside.

Q: How are you sleeping?

A: Great. I have always been a great sleeper and that hasn't changed much since being pregnant. I am sure my answer will change when I am further along.

Q: What colors do you want for a nursery?

A: I am going to do grey bumpers to make it neutral so I can use them again. If it is a girl I will add accents of purple and if it is a boy I will add accents of yellow. I have the rooms invisioned in my head we just need to find out the gender so I can start spending money.

Q: Any names picked out yet?

A: Our first boy will be named Bennett there is not even a question about that. We both love it and have felt very strongly that our first boy should be named Bennett. We don't even have other names picked out. Girls however are a different story. I am in love with the name Eliza Ae hates it though. It would take some pretty strong convincing to be able to use that name. I also like the names Lanie and Kennedy. Ae is ok with Lanie and he loves Kennedy. It will most likely be Kennedy for a girl depending on what she looks like but for a girl we may be waiting till she is born and then we might have to fight it out in the hospital.

So there you have it. Those are the questions I can think of at the moment. If you have any more for me let me know and I will type them on here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still wonder my self how that magic number 5 popped up after I hadn't digested anything for 6 weeks! Pregnancy is so strange sometimes. . .

Miss Bear said...

I love that your blog is all about baby Harris! Baby stuff is the best. :) I love reading how happy you are, and I'm so happy for you!!
Can't wait to find out what you are having..you will have to post pictures of your nursery when you start it!!