Thursday, July 22, 2010

Girlfriends.



I am lucky enough to have three of the best girlfriends anyone could ask for. I had a lot of friends in highschool but at the end of the day these three were the ones I knew would be in my life fifty years from now. Its amazing to me how each one came into my life and I love the fact that they have all become friends with eachother. They were all brides maides in my wedding and I in theres. We always tend to do things at the same time which is so great (did I mention they are all pregnant? Yep its true. It's just me left now). I love that all of our husbands get a long. It makes getting together so much easier. I love them for who they are. I felt the need to dedicate a post to them so hear goes.
Candace:

Candace has been my friend the longest. We have been friends since Kindergarten and it amazes me how strong our friendship has stayed throughout the years. Naturally because we have been friends the longest, she was my Maid of honor in my wedding and I was her Matron of honor in hers. Candace is the type of friend that I can call after not talking for months and it is like we never missed a beat. Looking at us it is very obvious that we are very physically different but also our personalities are opposites. I feel this helps our friendship to be that much stronger. Candace has always been my rock and sticks up for me like no one else in my life (ok maybe AE does more now). I remember this one time during our Sophomore year of highschool, a boy really hurt me and Candace went and told the guy off.....I love her for moments like that. Candace is not afraid to voice her opinion and ALWAYS sticks up for what she believes even if it is not the cool thing to do. Candace has an amazing mom who naturally treats me like her own daughter. Candace and I have definitly had our ups and downs but I know we will be friends for the rest of our lives.

Beverly:


Bev and I met our Sophomore year of highschool at a Halloween party. I was dressed really crazy and obsessed with a boy that was a jerk. Bev says she thought I was crazy but since that night we have been inseperable. She must have loved my craziness. Bev does not have any sisters and therefore has always told me that I am the sister she never had. We really are like sisters. We fight like sisters, we talk about things that only sisters talk about and we love like sisters. We lived together our Freshman year of college and had a huge fight one night that I was for sure our friendship was over. Low and behold though we did not let that get in the way and put it behind us. Just like a sister would know, Bev knew before I did that I was going to marry AE. AE and I had only been dating for four days and Bev came and hung out with us. After AE left I went and sat on her bed to just talk and she told me I was going to marry him. It scared me half to death but she knew he would be perfect for me. I am so glad she saw how perfect he was for me. We are so alike in our personalities and I think that is why we get along so great. We always know what the other person is feeling and we are always on the same page. It seemed fitting that our husbands have looks and personalities that are SO alike it is almost scary. I am glad my craziness didn't scare Bev away.
Allie:



I love this GGGIIIIIRRRLLL (inside joke). Allie and I met at the end of my sophomore year. We didnt' really start hanging out until our Junior year when we had a dance class together. Our personalities just clicked and we were instant friends. Allie shares my love for dance. We went to the SYTYCD tour a couple years ago and loved it. We also danced at the same studio for many years (although Allie is a far better dancer than I am ). Allie is really easy going and so upbeat. She can make anyone laugh. We spent many nights in highschool staying up late laughing our heads off and getting very little sleep. Everyone wants to be friends with her and I always wonder how she juggles being so popular. Allie and her husband Bryan moved to Texas awhile ago and there are days I miss her like crazy. It's just not the same not having all three of my friends in the same state. I look up to Allie so much. She has gone through so much already in her life and she is a lot stronger than I would be. She knows how to make a bad situation better and is one of the most up beat people I know. Allie is the friend that makes me really appreciate what I have in my life because she does not take anything for granted (all of my friends do this but Allie takes things a little bit further). She is also good at playing jokes on people (Allie remember when you convinced Bryan you broke your leg on April fools). I miss her and hope that she decides to move back to Utah soon.

I love these girls and I am so glad they chose me to be their friend. I love how different we are but that makes our friendships work. I also think it helps that I have the prettiest friends on the planet. We have been through our share of fights, bad boyfriends, good boyfriends, late nights, vacations and much more. I know I can count on these three to be in my life forever. I love you three girls! Thanks for being the best support system anyone could ask for.

1 comment:

Bryan and Allie said...

Awww girl, this post was so sweet! Made me teary! I love looking back on the memories we've shared together, and sure do wish I lived closer to you. I miss you like crazy, but I love coming to Utah and just picking up where we left off and just having "fun girl time" together. You are a sweetheart, and I greatly appreciate your friendship. I can't wait to see you girls in 6 weeks! Lvoe you all.