Monday, July 19, 2010

Update on workouts.

I figured I would update on my workouts so I can see how on track I am doing. Research shows that when you write it down it makes it more real so hear goes. I finished doing Jillian Micheals and have continued to run. To be honest I loved Jillian but I got bored with it and couldn't continue (although I did do it for thirty days total). I will say however that Jillian helped to build my endurance and did help me get more toned than I have been in awhile. I am now running three miles continually six days a week and have officially lost 12 pounds as of today. I am now down almost two pant sizes. I figure the reason I am losing inches but not a lot more pounds is because I am gaining muscle from running. I am enjoying running and the fact that it is slimming me down. If anything I feel the best I have felt in years (to me that is all that matters).
As for diet...I am still doing really well on not eating sweets. The only thing I crave are chocolate chip cookies and icecream. The amazing thing is though, when I eat them I can only eat 1/4 of my serving because it is too sweet. I have also cut out a lot of wheat from my diet. I was feeling bloated and wasn't seeing the results I wanted so I decide to cut down on wheat. Two days after I started I had lost four pounds. It was amazing and I feel SO much better. I have also cut most red meat out of my diet (for same reasons as wheat).
Anyway that is my update. I am going to start strength training shortly. I wish I would have taken before and after pictures because it is amazing what a difference ten pounds can make especially when you gain weight in your face like I do. People tell me they notice and that makes it even better.

1 comment:

Swenson Family said...

Hey- if you are around and available tonight (7/20), we are having a party for the Bishop at 5:45 tonight at the church. It would be super fun to see you guys!!!