Thursday, January 19, 2012

Five year olds are funny.

Sometimes I hear the most hilarious things come from my kids mouths. I overheard these conversations in the kitchen today:

boy: "Your the baby."
other boy: "But I can't be the baby. I am the dad because I have a real job."

girl: "Would you guys please by quiet. Can't you see I am on the phone?"

It makes me wonder what they are hearing at home. The funniest is when I hear them repeat things I have said such as:

"You have three choices."
"That is unacceptable."
"Please go put your head down."
"These are privelages (although it sounds more like "privages")."
"You are doing a very nice job on your work."

2 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I feel like being an elementary teacher is probably the most entertaining job ever. Nicole is always sharing funny little snippets like these from her class. Basically, I'm jealous of both of you :) Your kids sound adorable.

And speaking of your adorable kids... I hereby demand more pictures of Ellie!!! She is so beautiful.

Also, happy birthday 5 days ago! Yours is one that I still remember every year. I hope it was a great day :)

memory said...

Oh yes. I love what kids say. I just recently did a post on some of the kids I work with every other Friday.

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm