Thursday, September 8, 2011

Progress? What progress?

I went to the doctor yesterday. I have dreaded going for the last five weeks and I officially hate the words 1cm. If I never have to hear them again I will be happy. For some reason this little girl is REALLY comfortable where she is at.
Good news is that she is sitting really low and my doctor seems to think she will just kind of slide out when she is ready. You know your baby is sitting super low when your doctor keeps saying things like "Wow, I can tell she has hair" or "Holy cow that is her head. She is really low!" So why have I not had her you ask? No one knows. My doctor just keeps saying that babies come when they want. We have set an induction date for Monday but I go in for a stress test today to see if there is any reason to induce me sooner. I guess when you go overdue your fluid levels can drop a lot and can pinch the cord. No he is not worried about anything he just wants to see how my levels are and how my contractions (which are minimal at this point) affect the baby. Its sad really but I hope they decide to keep me there....

I had a melt down this morning because it seems like everyone else is meeting their babies except for us. I cried (okay more like bawled) to A.E. and in true A.E. fashion he talked me down off the ledge. Its just frustrating and I told him it almost feels as if we are trying to get pregnant all over again. Everyone else having success except for us. We have just waited SO long that I am kind of done waiting. Yet again, I am left being patient. I guess I am really bad at it.

Anyway, for now I will be sitting around finding more stuff to clean and do before baby gets here.

No comments: