Saturday, May 14, 2011

Advice and comments.

I have enjoyed some of the advice and comments that have been made while I have been pregnant but seriously some people have no tact. I intend to enjoy the comments and advice from people that have given birth multiple times. They know what is up and always seem to make you feel great about being pregnant.

Women who have only had one baby....they are a different story. Now this doesn't apply to every first time mom but a lot of first time mom's always try and make you feel worse about your situation especially when your pregnancy is like mine. I have come to the conclusion that they do this to try and make themselves feel better about their pregnancy so they belittle other first time mom's into feeling just as bad. I could write a book on the comments women have made to me but I will just leave you with a few:

"You have only gained five pounds? Wow just wait till your third trimester I bet you gain like 40." Actually my doctor predicts I will only gain about 20 pounds total if that so bite me.

"You will be wearing maternity clothes two sizes bigger than what you are now by the time you are in your third trimester especially if your belly keeps growing like it is." This one bugs me a lot because I can actually wear a size SMALLER (in maternity clothes) than what I did before I was pregnant thank you very much.

"You're all belly. That will change I promise. Pretty soon you will gain pregnancy everywhere."

"By the time August roles around you will be a cow. You won't want to leave your house." I am sorry but it is never okay to tell anyone they will be a cow, pregnant or not.


That is all for now. Like I said this is not all first time mom's. Infact I have a lot of friends that only have one baby that have said nothing but sweet things to me. So thank you. Just please people before you speak to the pregnant person think about what you are saying and have a little tact. That is all.

2 comments:

Miss Bear said...

Who tells someone they will look like a cow? Really??
I was all belly my WHOLE pregnancy.
I think people just get jealous that some women have pregnancies where they are actually super cute! :)

Living in AZ (with the oldies) I always got weird creepy advice. Mostly about breast feeding! It was awkward! :)

Cassie said...

Oh this made me laugh, only because I've lived it! People still give all that crap with your 2nd baby too! I am sure you are an adorable pregnant lady, and all that matters is that little one your growing!