Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 9: Something you have to forgive yourself for.

When I was a junior in Highschool I was asked to my prom by the nicest guy named Steve. I thought we were just friends but he had other ideas. He asked me by filling my car up with balloons and confetti and used a frog for the asking part. It was very cute and I thought it was great that he took all of that time to ask me.

Here comes the forgiving part. At the time I had a very serious boyfriend (Jeff) that I was crazy about. We had talked about going together but he hadn't officially asked me. I should have said yes to Steve because he asked me first but I couldn't think about going with anyone but Jeff. Needless to say he was crushed and I still feel terrible to this day.

p.s. Jeff did end up asking me. He was on the drum line so the whole drum line marched down my street to ask me to the dance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't I remember this story. . . or this steve person??

Bain Becomes a Master said...

Good memory--the drumline part at least