Saturday, March 3, 2012

Venting....

I need to vent for a minute. Nothing bugs me more when people ask you for advice and then criticize that advice... for instance:

I was asked the other day by a woman on how we got our five month old to sleep through the night at seven weeks. I told her that it was mostly Ellie but I think we helped the situation by putting her on a schedule and by having her sleep in her own crib from day one. She then proceeded to tell me that there is no way an infant should be put on a schedule and that she felt that was wrong. I then asked her how old her child is that isn't sleeping through the night. She is one..... enough said.

I walked away. Please don't ask me for advice and then criticize it. I was in no way telling you to do what we did but it worked for Ellie so back off.

2 comments:

Miss Bear said...

I agree cass! People are always quick to judge. We had little man in a crib at 2 weeks, and it has worked wonders, at 2 he is still an awesome sleeper.
I guess once you become pregnant, then have the baby..the unwanted advice, comments and criticism are all headed your way!!

Ps...need pics of the cute baby girl of yours! :)

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

haha wow. yeah, people shouldn't ask if they aren't open to the suggestion! Kids NEED a schedule! haha They thrive on them.