Monday, February 14, 2011

Day26 - something you have to forgive someone else for

Refer back to the post about how I am different. I have forgiven everyone for things they have done to me but I will tell you a story.

I dated this guy in highschool. I dare say he was my first love even though now that I look at it, I realize I wasn't in love with him and I am thankful our relationship didn't work out. Anyway.

Our relationship ended badly, like so badly I fell into depression. My friends tried to help me by setting me up with other guys but I just could not let him out of my life. He was so rude to me and said some things that no one should ever say to another person. He blamed me for things that were very clearly not my fault but I kept holding on to him. All this time he had no idea how badly he had hurt me.

Our lives moved on and I finally started dating again while he was on a mission. I met AE, fell in love and got married. I had all but forgotten about boy. Then a month into my marriage I received an e-mail... It was from him asking how my life was. I wrote him back told him I was married and I never heard from him again. Keep in mind AE knew about all that is to follow.

Then about two years later he added me on facebook. He wrote me a message explaining how he felt bad for what he had done to me. I wrote him back and told him how much he had hurt me. It felt good to get everything out and It felt good to be able to officially forgive and let everything go.

No comments: