Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 12: Someone you didn't want to let go, but just drifted away from.

This question was very hard for me. I am a big believer that people come in and out of your life for a reason and so it was hard for me to think of someone that I really wish I still had around that isn't. I did however manage to come up with not one but two. My two best guy friends from high school, Jeff Brown and Jake Cutler.
These two saved my life my senior year. Without them I don't know if I would have survived. Yes I have my best girlfriends and of course they are amazing but I think it is very important for girls to have best guy friends.
I remember playing hours of Halo with these two. I remember calling them up crying when I had a bad day and they would come pick me up and do their best to make me laugh. I remember Jake taking me to see his favorite band on my birthday and falling in love with them too. I remember helping them with girl problems (Cortnie if your reading this please tell me you remember this). I remember eating many lunches at Jeff's house made by Jeff because he was trying to get into culinary school. I remember going to dances with both of them. Oh man so many memories.
I think the reason they are not in my life anymore is because we just got older, our lives were going in different directions and that's how it always happens. I know that if I were to see them we would pick back up where we left off and that is the way I want it. I love and miss you guys.

2 comments:

Bain Becomes a Master said...

I am reading this! And I do remember. I miss those boys--specifically Jake.

Bain Becomes a Master said...

Miss you too!